Chesterton 5800E WedgeSeal™ packing is designed for high-temperature fugitive emissions service in friction-sensitive valves.
Combining 5800 pure die-formed graphite sealing rings with our 477-1 inter-braided carbon yarn end rings, Chesterton 5800E seals to low VOC* emissions levels (less than 500ppm), while providing minimal friction against the stem.
- The carbon/graphite base materials in the set are unaffected by high temperatures.
- The set passes the API 589 Fire Test, ensuring maximum safety in hazardous services.
- The WedgeSeal set has passive corrosion inhibitors that retard electrolytic pitting.
- The unique wedge shape of the sealing rings provides more efficient transfer of gland load to the packing and makes the set more responsive to gland adjustments.
The most important feature of this design is to reduce stem friction, which ensures that the valve actuator can respond to system changes more rapidly and precisely.
Features & Benefits:
- Die-formed graphite wedge packing designed for emissions service for low packing friction applications
- Retards electrolytic pitting
- Makes the set more responsive to gland adjustments
View the latest info and trending news at https://chestertonstationary.chesterton.com/en-us/Equipment/Pages/5800E.aspx